During the peak summer season Surf Life Saving in
the Northern Region employs lifeguards to patrol 24 locations
Monday to Friday, with some locations 7 days a week. This is known
as the Regional Lifeguard Service and it is designed to augment
volunteer patrols by providing coverage throughout the week and
where volunteer patrols do not exist.
The service operates every weekday and includes Christmas and
New Year's Day. The service runs from December through to March for
the busier patrol locations, and mid-December through to February
for the majority of the others.
Surf Life Saving Northern Region seeks appropriately qualified
and experienced Lifeguards to fill positions each season.
All Lifeguards applying to be must have a good level of fitness,
have good surf lifesaving knowledge and experience, be able to work
well within a team environment, be able to think and respond under
pressure and be dedicated to fill the roster for this period
(including Christmas and New Year's).
Pre requisites for this role are:
- Must be 15+ years of age
- Must be a SLSNZ member (at time of employment)
- First Aid Level 1 (current)
- Must swim 400m in under 8min (7min 15secs is expected)
- Must run 3kms in under 20mins
Other awards that are beneficial to your application are:
- First Aid Level 2
- Pre Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC)
- Pain Relief Module
- Marine VHF Certificate
- IRB Crewperson Award
- Senior Lifeguard Award - IRB Driver
- Senior Lifeguard Award - Patrol Captain
- Advanced Lifeguard Award (Senior Lifeguard pre 2009)
- Advanced Lifeguard Award Pre 2009
Applications have now closed.