SLSNR Support Services | SurfCom
SurfCom is a communication and co-ordination position based out of the Auckland Marine Rescue Centre in Mechanics Bay. As a SurfCom Operator your role will be to proactively coordinate frontline communications and operations of SLSNR services to ensure the provision of highly effective lifesaving.
Becoming a SurfCom Operator
SurfCom applications are open year round, with training also occurring year round too.
To apply please click here.
Pre requisites for this role are:
- 18 years of age
- Must be able to commute to the Auckland Marine Rescue Center
- Successful Police Vetting
- SLS Member
- Surf Lifeguard Award or Patrol Support Award (refreshed)
- Club Endorsement
- First Aid Level 2 (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Award
- At least 2 seasons patrolling experience
Required skills and attributes are:
- Sound computer skills
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Leadership & decision making qualities
- A background within Surf Lifesaving or understanding of Surf Lifesaving operations
Note: SLSNR reserves the right to accept members into the SurfCom program at their discretion