SLSNR Support Services | SurfCom
SurfCom is the regional communications and incident command hub
for Surf Lifesaving Northern Region and is primarily responsible
for incident support and emergency services dispatch for surf
During the Surf Lifesaving patrolling season of Labour weekend
(October) to Easter Weekend (April) a Surfcom operator will be
operating from the SurfCom desk whenever a Surf Lifesaving patrol
is operating on a patrolled beach.
Becoming a SurfCom Operator
Training for returning SurfCom Operators will be held at the
Marine Rescue Centre on Saturday 15th September 2018.
Training for new SurfCom Operators will be held at the
Marine Rescue Centre during October & November.
SurfCom Operator applciations will go live alongside the
Seasonal SLS Applications.
- 20 years of age
- Restricted Motor Vehicle License
- SLS Member
- SLS Award (refreshed)
- Club Endorsement
- First Aid Level 2 (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operator Award
- Must have good literacy skills
- Minimum of 5 Seasons Credible Patrolling Experience
- Sound computer skills
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to multi task
- Leadership & decision making qualities
- A background within Surf Lifesaving or understanding of Surf
Note: SLSNR reserves the right to accept members onto
the SurfCom programme at their discretion