School Education Programmes ReviewPosted by SLSNR Admin on Monday, 27 July 2015
In 2014 Water Safety NZ funded a project for SLSNZ to carry out an education review of SLSNZ school education programmes.
The project aimed to identify the most effective and efficient method of delivery to achieve Surf Education learning outcomes. The outputs have been recommended to optimise the content and delivery models of national Surf Education programmes into the future.
The review recommended significant changes to the Beach Education Program that all future and existing staff must familiarise themselves with.
Essentially the review recommendations focused on two areas that would better the learning outcomes of the students:
- better instructor training for beach education staff and
- a more contemporary pedagogical nature of the Beach Education course content and delivery modes
It is now time to action these recommendations prior to the beginning of next season. SLSNZ will be running 1 day courses around the country for its entire staff for the 2015-16 seasons. This includes all regions Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern.
You are expected to make one of the following dates; failure to attend one will impact upon your potential employment for Beach Education. There is NO COST for the training and the courses will be held at the following locations
- Dunedin - Saturday 3 October, venue TBC
- Christchurch - Sunday 4 October, venue TBC
- Tauranga - Saturday 10th October, venue TBC
- Gisborne - Saturday 10th October, venue TBC
- Wellington - Monday 16 November, venue TBC
- Taranaki - Friday 13 November, venue TBC
- Hawkes Bay - Sunday 15 November, venue TBC
- Auckland @ (TBC) course is Sunday 18th October