Expressions of Interest for Event Management Positions for 2020 – 2021 summer season
Applications are now open for event management positions for our upcoming summer season. If you are interested in being an event referee, event safety officer, deputy event referee or event admin for our junior and/or senior events register your interest here.
Officials availability for 2020 – 2021 event season
Please find attached a link for officials to register their interest for Northern Region competitions for the upcoming event season. This is just to give us an idea on who we may have this season. We will check in closer to each event to confirm if you are still available. Link can be found here.
Surf Official Level 1 Course
The Surf Official Level 1 course provides an entry level and developmental programme for Surf Life Saving Club members to pursue or continue officiating at surf lifesaving events. The course aims to provide the basic knowledge and skills needed to officiate at club and regional levels.
Who should attend?
Any Surf Life Saving Club members interested in getting started in surf officiating, new officials, previous competitors, parent helpers or existing officials with no formal training.
16 years of age & current member of a SLS club. All attendees are required to participate in all course activities and complete practical assessment at a Northern Region Carnivals following the course.
One day (6 hrs + breaks)
Delivered by trained and approved SLSNZ facilitators
- Introduction to officiating
- Effective communication with athletes and others
- Officials, the law and risk management
- Rules and guidelines of surf lifesaving competition
- Officials and their duties
- Health & Safety, missing person
- Surf Official roles - Course Judge, Marshall, Recorder, Finish Judge
- Assessment and accreditation
- Observe, Record, Report
- Identify the athlete centred approach to officiating
- Identify and demonstrate selected roles of surf officials
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective communication
- Identify risk management processes and values relevant to surf officials
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of surf life saving sports
- Identify and describe the ACC SportSmart plan
Attendees: Limited to 24
Facilitators: Mike Brown, Joanne Hobson, Brenda Larsen & Johnny Clough.
Other: Lunch and refreshments provided