Intermediate Lifeguard School
This course is designed to provide extensive training, skill development and experience for lifeguards who have been patrolling for 1-3 seasons.
The Intermediate Lifeguard School is delivered via a two day camp where participants complete modules in surf lifeguarding techniques, team work, public image, emergency care, board rescue and rock/surf rescue.
This course is an excellent opportunity to become a more confident and capable lifeguard and learn from some of the most experienced and skilled Lifeguards in the region.
- At least 15yrs of age (26+ for the 1st-3rd December 2018 School)
- SLSNZ member (Current on SLSNZ Database)
- 400 Metre swim in under 8 minutes
- First Aid Level 1
- At least 1 Full Season of patrolling experience
- Club Endorsement
Cost: $70 per person
Spaces on the course are limited and each club has an initial allocation, therefore clubs will be asked to prioritise applicants during the endorsement process. Further positions may be given subject to registrations.
There are three Intermediate Guard Schools to be run in the 2018-19 season:
- Intermediate Guard School 1 Sat 3rd - Sun 4th November 2018 - (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IGS1)
- Intermediate Guard School 2 Sat 15th - Sun 16th December 2018 -
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IGS2) (25yrs + only)
- Intermediate Guard School 3 Sat 2nd - Sun 3rd March Mach 2019 - (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IGS3)
- IGS1: 12/10/2018
- IGS2: 23/11/2018
- IGS3: 8/02/2019